My purpose is to empower engineers to make the world a better place.
I am continually inspired and renewed by watching and listening to the Swan River flow past our house. Sometimes it flows with great energy tumbling over rocks, at other times it moves slowly and peacefully around obstacles. But it always flows to join the Flathead River, Flathead Lake and eventually the ocean. I created RiversQuest Consulting to support other engineers who are on a quest to make the world better and want a partner in their own journey of learning and change.
Jeannine Wirth P.E.
My career has evolved from a transportation design engineer through the corporate board room to a trainer and coach of engineers searching for ways to make a bigger difference in the world through their careers. I have trained many individuals in the engineering industry in skills necessary to provide outstanding project management, excellent client service, and the ability to develop others.
I have coached clients, peers, and subordinates to discover the unique value they have to offer the world and ways to offer their value to benefit all. I have provided coaching for engineers as a partner through their strengths discernment and job searches providing guidance, support, accountability and speed to the process.
I have served as an Executive Board member of a national engineering firm and Board member of non-profit organizations. These positions have honed my facilitation and leadership skills and developed my ability to train others to be strong leaders in the engineering industry.
Education and Training
- Certified Career Management Coach, Career Coach Academy
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- M.S. Transportation Engineering, Northeastern University
- B.S. Forestry Engineering, University of Washington
- Senior Executive Institute graduate, ACEC
I hope I can offer wisdom and lessons learned through my “firsts”; to other women and engineers who want to make a positive difference in the world.
- First woman graduate of Forestry Engineering from University of Washington
- First woman president of Utah Section of ASCE
- First woman president of Utah Chapter of ITE
- First woman office manager for 450 member engineering firm
- First woman Executive Committee member of a national engineering firm
Come along for the ride – it will be fun AND rewarding! I can’t wait to hear from you.